In the latest edition of our monthly news brief, JLL’s regional team curates the top commercial real estate industry articles impacting Pittsburgh.
Pittsburgh Ranks in Top 20 Best Cities for Millennials
Pittsburgh was named on Niche’s Best Cities for Millennials list, landing in the no. 12 spot and surpassing cities like Chicago, Portland, Austin and Atlanta. The list takes into a count a number of factors to determine each city’s ranking, including:
- Access to bars and restaurants
- A city’s walkability
- Ethnic, generational and economic diversity
- Cost of living
- A city’s higher education rate
Research from the Brookings Institution also shows that educated millennials make up 40% of Pittsburgh’s millennial population, and continue to seek out cities that are amenity-rich and offer innovative, diverse economies. With Pittsburgh’s recent advancements and development in the robotics and technology industries, and health sciences, experts expect this population to grow in the area.
More Pittsburgh Headlines
- Panera Bread will list five of its newly acquired downtown Au Bon Pain restaurants for sublease. The listings come as part of a larger national strategy for the company to find new users in a handful of its U.S. Au Bon Pain locations.
- Grandview Realty LLC was awarded a $1 million grant to build the $95 million Grandview Avenue Hotel in Mount Washington. The development would include a hotel, conference center, spa and fitness center, outdoor dining area and more.